About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Getting thru a few days of doing nothing...


Hi all I had surgery on my left elbow on Friday.. Everything went well.. But, have you ever tried to do nothing when you feel good all over except your arm... I want to vacumm and dust and clean the house. I want to do art and sewing and anything but, just sit here. Trying to figure out what movie to watch takes me an hour.. I am not a big movie buff so I have to call all my friends to see what is good and what sucks.. And of course they all have different opinions..UGH!! It is making me crazy.!!!
But, it is peacful here. No kids and no hubby around to bug me. I'm still in my jammies and it is 1:00pm... I probably won'tr even get out of them today. Hooo Hummm.... I"m sick of surfing the web and if I go on ebay one more time I will be broke!!!
Actually I'm doing pretty well considering.. I'm finding alot to buy for other people...I did get some Wise Eyes.. LUella Doss fabric I have been collecting since before Christmas... Now to find a cool pattern or make one up for a quilt for my bed up north... Not much else new.. I'll be here for a few days yet. Hopefully by next weekend I can get some of my artwork done. I need to finish up a heart quilty I'm doing for a freind in a swap. And get my grab bag quilt packed up to go to it's new owner. I'll post a photo of it after she receives it.. I'm hanging in there. I guess that is all I can do.....

3 comments:

Patti Gramza said...

Oh Dear you poor Girl!!!!!!!
I wish I could drive over there and get you and we could just go somewhere!!!! Your picture is sad!! Hehehehe!!!!! Where is your face???? Heeeee!
Love you!
Patti

sue said...

Ouch! I can relate! Several years ago, I had surgery on my right elbow & wore a cast for a month-about drove me crazy. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lisa Gallup said...

Ouchers! It's nice to sit and do nothing sometimes, but too much of it is...well, too much of a good thing! Hope your arm gets to feeling better soon! Hugs from New Mexico!