About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 22, 2007

What a surprise...




Ok.. so I was taking my daughter to my sisters for a sleep over and all of the sudden we turned the corner and there were people out in the street holding signs saying congratulations on being a cancer survivor for 10 years.... my sister and my family pulled a fast one on me and had a surprise party.,... and what a surprise it was... usually I am the one to plan the surprise parties around here.. all my family and my bestest friends were there... including Patti G... she has photos of me on her blog.. very scarey.. go here http://pattis-creations.blogspot.com/ It was a great party.. my sis and brother cooked the best mexican food and we had great champagne and wine, and coronas.. I was so happy to see all my friends... I couldn't have asked for a better party... thanks so much to all of you.. even a few of my online friends had sent me gifts that they had made.. I had a great day and a great surprise... thanks so much to all of you.. I am so happy to have made it to my 10thyear... I have my last oncologist appt. in August and then I think he will cut me loose... which sounds kind of scarey to me... but, I'll get over it..
THe photo below is of a quilt my sister and brother in law, brother, niece and mother and dad and my daughter ( who had a big part in this surprise party ) purchased for me ... the proceeds went to the Susan Komen foundation... It is gorgeous and has so much meaning.. I have a perfect place for it above my bed... I took a close up of one of the blocks with the breast cancer ribbon on it...
Love all of you.. and thanks a million....Special thanks to my sis and Jessi for planning this party...

4 comments:

Patti G. said...

Laura, Love your description of things and the quilt is soooo gorgeous in person.......such detail and meaning like you said! Awesome!!!!!
You kitty and doggie beds are neat too in the post below! Wheeee!
Hugs,
Patti

kathywas said...

WOW...what a wonderful surprise!! You truly have a very loving family and friends. Congratulations on the 10 years! The quilt that you received is absolutely beautiful, and I know that you will treasure it's meaning for a lifetime.

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura,

This party was so well-deserved and your sis and Jessi did a wonderful job for your party. Congrats and know I love you! The quilt is gorgeous!!

I'm so happy that you had a good time.

You are a woman of strength!

sammy said...

Congratulations Laura! 10 Years... that is so awesoe! Great party it looks like! and the quilt you showed is amazing!