About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pet portrait class at Fabric Fusion

My friends Linda and Mike own a wonderful fabric store in Brown Deer, Wisconsin. I took the Pet Portraits class today with 3 other girls. I have been wanting to take this class for over a year. The first time I signed up I couldn't make it because I had to have elbow surgery. Linda taught the class. She also has an article on making these pet portraits in the latest American Quilter Magazine.. Here is what we all did.. I have Abner the black and white cat.. I am anxious to find the time to finish him. Abner is no longer with us but, he will always be in my heart...All the animals turned out very cool... and so lifelike...




3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Laura...these all turned out so cool. This is such a fun class, and Linda is a master at this. What a great memory of Abner.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Laura!!! These are most wonderful! Your work is just so beautiful!!

hugs, chris

Christine Thresh said...

Those pet portraits are so good. Someday I'd love to take that class.