About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Challenge




The Milwaukee Art Quilters group is doing a grab bag challenge. I love doing challenges.. Especially grab bags... We had to decide if we wanted to keep the quilts we made or swap them back to the owners of the fabric. I decided I would keep mine. So we all put our stuff into a bag and each literally grabbed one from the pile. I have to tell you.. this is going to be a real challenge for me. I looked at the fabrics once and almost died. They are totally not me. But, that is part of the challenge. First I really wanted to not do it.. I put the bag away for a few days and slept alittle less.. ( thinking of how I could get out of this swap)... After about a week of sobbing.. I grabbed myself by the butt and decided I could really do this. I have come up with about 4 ideas and now have settled into one of my ideas.. I was trying to resize a drawing in photoshop and was getting frustrated... but, after about 2 hours of jagging around I got it.. Sooo I have a plan. These are the pieces I received in the bag... I will keep you posted on the progress.. The quilts aren't due until Sept. I am working on a few other quilts right now but, I plan to start it soon.

4 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Laurie-interesting challenge-I would be scared, too!!! I will be watching closely to see what fabulous creation you make-it will be wonderful!
hugs, chris

Cheryl said...

YOU GO GIRL!

Patti G. said...

YOU CAN DO IT Laura!!!!!!!!! I want to see your fabulous creation, and it will be fabulous!

P.s. Love the new look of your blog! Your banner on top is awesome!
Hugs,Patti

Elizabeth said...

I have complete faith in your ability- but I would be scared to death to even start on such a journey. It is one thing to swap fabrics with someone who knows that you will get their stuff!! Can't wait to see what you do!! It will be fabulous!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth