About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

More about the Katie workshop


Here is Cecelia with her art, you see she is smiling because we had so much fun........ and the favorites of the ones I did.



Katie is evaluating our very cool paintings.

This was made from just painting with watercolors on a piece of watercolor paper. The owner of this piece Beth cut the piece up and put it back together again.. I could really see a quilt made to look like this..


These are cropped pieces of acrylic paintings that she had us do blind folded... Yes.. you heard right.. blindfolded.. I'm sorry I can't remember whose these are but, they aren't mine..I could really see some of these done up in quilts.

5 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

very cool my friend!

Diane Petersmarck said...

I was at the workshop too and agree that it's just the shot in the arm an artist needs to start seeing things differently and seeing potential EVERYWHERE!

Beth Hartford said...

Hi Laura! I sure enjoyed meeting you last weekend at the class with Katie. Thanks for your comments about my ugly plaid quilt! The pictures you show below that are also mine - the orange canyon may one day become a quilt.

Cheryl said...

this class looks fun, inspirational and motivating. Sorry I missed it (pout pout!)

Angie in AZ said...

laura, I teach a group of women in a weekly Bible study based on meditation with art as a response. I have wanted to do a blindfolded exercise for months now. Could you please, please, please tell me how you guys did yours and how the paints were set out so everyone didn't end up painting "mud"! I LOVE these pieces! Also, how large was the paper? Did you have several colors? Any details would be much appreciated! Thanks!