About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Monday, March 31, 2008

Balls in Space



This is a quilt I made for a shop challenge.. we had to use the 2 fabrics.. the black with stripes and the yellow and pink polka dots...

7 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Laura-This is fun and funky! I would have freaked having to use those two fabrics together-I would not have seen what you did! I especially love the border-makes the whole piece work! Stay inside so you don't float away. It is supposed to move out of here for a day or two, and then start over. Yuck!
hugs, chris

Sherryl said...

A very creative use of those fabrics. It makes me smile.

Cheryl said...

This quilt is so impressive in person. What a wonderful job you did on a very short timeframe!

Pat said...

kind of reminds me of my own children

pat

Marilyn Rock said...

Very cool Laura! Love the fringe you added, too.

alice said...

Great job of combining those two fabrics. Love the beads on the bottom of the quilt too.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Laura, what a wonderful way to use two such wildly different fabrics! I love both your imagination and execution.