About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Dealing in Danger??? NOT!!!!


My son and his teacher and I have been doing some wheeling and dealing with him to do dance in Phy. Ed... he refused to do it and said he would take an F... His LD teacher asked what she could do to get him to dance. He said he wanted a tarantula. He and I have been talking about it for quite some time.. He needed to get his grades up... Well, needless to say he danced and he got his grades up... so ...... he got his tarantula... not sure if it is a boy or girl... She is younger and has a ways to grow. Actually she is really neat.. and a very nice pet.. We can hold her and she is really very interesting.. My husband didn't know of our scheme and I was surprised to see that he wasn't too upset. He actually had to hold her too... THat is about all that is new here except that I have been sick for the past 5 days again and haven't been able to get any art done.. I went to the doc today and I have sinus infection and bronchitus. UGH!!

7 comments:

Marilyn Rock said...

Congrats on the new addition Laura :) Glad he or she got Luke to dance :)

Cheryl said...

I see deadly black tarantula...
Daylight come and we wanna go home

Patti G. said...

Luke's new pet is cool, although I seem to be the spider hunter around the house in summer.....so if I saw him outside, I would freak! Hehhehe!
Are the kids on break this week?
Amber is......I will sleep in a bit and enjoy the mornings a little more for this week! Hurray!
Hugs,
Patti

Wanda H said...

It makes me shudder just to think of standing next to someone holding a tarantula let alone actually holding it (shudder). But I'm glad you are all enjoying it. Yuck, bronchitus.. no fun at all!!! I hope you get better soon.

barbara burkard said...

OH BRONCHITUS...I WAS RAISED ON IT! ugh!!! my kaleigh had a albino snake couple years back...soooo guess nothing fazes me...lol..i know for a fact though that my robbie is terrified of spiders so a tarantula...would not be taking up space here...(on second thought..hmmm maybe he would move out? lol)
hugz

Elizabeth said...

We had these things running around the yard in OK. Really gave me the willies when I was out in the garden and one would wander out of it's den!!! You are a brave, brave girl Laura!!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth

Alison Schwabe said...

The day a spider comes into this house as a pet is the day I leave. Period. DH knows I mean it! I know spiders are our friends but they can just be friends somewhere else.