About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Blue Herons...


You all know how much I love Blue Herons. I made this journal quilt depicting the Heron rookery near my house and how all the developments around the area has caused them to start to move out. There was an interesting article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel yesterday regarding the rookery. Some of the problems are talked about in the article.. THey took utility poles and put stands up there for the Herons to roost. To make a long story short the wood they used has not held up.. You can read the article here.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=771734

It would really be heart breaking for me if the herons moved out of the area. From what the article says they are planning to rebuild the stands on the poles this winter. My husband has decided to call them and donate some hardwood to them for building the stands. Sooooo we will see what happens... This is just an ongoing story that I hope has a happy ending..

1 comment:

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura - this is just a fantastic project and you really are doing a beautiful job! WOWSER! Awesome! Herons are beautiful! So are YOU!