About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 17, 2008

My first win...


I'm so excited.. I entered my Balls in space quilt into the state fair and I took 3rd place.. which means my quilt will be in the fair.. and it is the first time I have ever won anything ...I'm soooo excited... here is a photo of it in case you don't remember from previous posts..

21 comments:

Cheryl said...

Congratulations sis...I love the creativity of this piece. It looks like the cover of a science fiction book! You deserved your place at the show!

Lisa Gallup said...

Congrats, Laura!! You have really taken off with your quilting! Nice job!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

WOW....that's awesome! Congrats on the win.
Regina

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura! I knew it! You are awesome with fabric. Congratulations my friend; I am SO happy for you! You are magical with fabric and this is so well-deserved! I'm very proud of you! But; I've always been! Love you - Marilyn

Marilyn Rock said...

Oh by the way......when is your first book coming out :)

KarenF said...

Great quilt! Congrats on the win...I'd say it is the first of many to come! Your work is quite good!

mathea said...

Laura,
I love it!!! It is such a cool and artsy piece. I love the colors and envy your applique ability! Congrats!!!
mathea in maine

Fannie said...

Congratulations, Laura! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Laura, I love this piece (and the title!) Congratulations on a well-deserved ribbon.

Virginia A. Spiegel said...

Laura - Congratulations to you and Yea!!!!!!

Warm regards, Virginia

Carole said...

Congratulations Laura.there is no reward for our work like a ribbon, and this piece so well deserves it!! I have been watching your work for a while and I like where I see you going. Keep up the good work and keep us advised.
Carole

Melinda said...

Funky and Fun! I love your beaded border too. Congratulations on your ribbon. Thanks for sharing.
Melinda

Moneik said...

Congrats on the win!

ann said...

What more can be said. I'm repeating the same,

Congratulations on the ribbon.

Have fun and enjoy the journey. ann

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Love your site. It's my first visit here. Also live in WI, 52, just really getting into fabric, fiber, beads etc. Haven't had the nerve to enter anything anywhere. I'm sure I wouldn't get into the state fair! Your work is wonderful.
Gilli

Beth said...

Congratulations, Laura!! What an honor to win, and your quilt is great!

frazzledsugarplummum said...

That is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.
Shirley

Jacky said...

Your quilts are gorgeous Laura...well done on your 3rd place and good luck with Serenity Quilt!

artbeth67 said...

Congrats on your win! That is so great! :)

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Laura, I am thrilled for you!!! Jumping up and down in celebration. Bravo!!! You deserve this!!!!!!

hugs, chris

nkd said...

Wow! Congrats! It's great! If we make it to the State Fair I'll look for it!