About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Finally....








I had done some rusting about a month ago with pretty good results.. the first photo I tried rusting satin.. and it turned out pretty cool.. All the others were on cotton.. and one I did some stamping on.. The black piece I used cheesecloth and a spray bottle with bleach in it.. I love how it looks Zebra striped.

4 comments:

Gisela Towner said...

Those striped pieces aee wonderful! How did you do that? I love that last piece too. Very nice!

Heather P said...

They are wonderful, Laura!

Elizabeth said...

Whooooo Hooooo these are fabulous!!! This last one is a real stunner. Debi Baker over dyed some of here rust cloth with Adirondack Denim spray and it looks so cool- she has it on her blog_ I have to try that too!!!
That zucchini looks devine as well- want to come cook at my house!!!~LOL!!!!

Hugs!
Elizabeth

Jo Wholohan said...

I loveeee this Laura, how very cool!!!!!

Your banner is stunning :))