About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Grab Bag quilt is done





Remember that grab bag quilt that I started months ago. I was so upset with the fabric.. I had never used anything but cottons before.. Well, here is the quilt.. I really loved doing it.. This coming monday night we will be showcasing all our works of art. I can't wait to see what everyone came up with. This quilt is 15" x 16.25"
You can go here http://laurasartontherun.blogspot.com/2008/02/remember-grab-bag-photos-below.html
and see the post with the fabric and the start of the quilt. Here is a photo of the grab bag itself.

11 comments:

Tina Marie Rey said...

I really like it, what a fun piece! It has a lot of movement and energy!

pcoxdesign said...

Silk purse out of a sow's ear! Great job!

Michele said...

What a happy little quilt! I look at it and just smile. What kind of fabrics were they?

Doreen G said...

Well done Laura it really is beautiful.

Beth said...

Turned out great, Laura, and I love the velvet beaded center!! WOWZA!!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This turned out so beautiful!!! Totally awesome design-love it!!!
chris

Anna Rice said...

Wow - Laura, you certainly rose to the challenge and what a way to expand your "fabric experience". This piece is fabulous! You should be very proud of your work!

Artfully speaking,
Anna Rice

Sandi said...

Laura,I was truly impressed -you created such joy from the fabrics. I love it!
Sandi

Marilyn Rock said...

This turned out beautifully Laura!

Elizabeth said...

La!!
This is glorious! I love the swirl of color!!
hugs!
Elizabeth

sammy said...

Way cool grab bag quilt! Has so much action and yet it goes together so awesome! YOu have such a great eye when it comes to putting fabrics and stuff together... hugs