About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Something to be proud of......


The With One Voice Exhibit is now on display in Novi, Michigan. We raised $1085.00 for American Cancer Society. Here is a photo of all the quilts as they are hanging together at the show. I am anxious to do next years fund raiser because all the proceeds are going to my friend Bernie Berlin ( who used to have her rescue here in Grafton) for her dog and cat rescue in Tennesee. A Place To Bark. Thanks to Lynn Krawczyk for all her hard work. Here is a listing of where the quilts will be shown.
If you click on the photo it will become larger in a new window.

Please visit the exhibit's blog to view installation shots of the exhibit hanging in all of its scheduled venues. http://fibraartysta.blogspot.com/
The exhibit debuted at The American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan from September 26 - September 28, 2008. The exhibit will travel during 2009 to the venues listed below:

Fabrications Retreat
Garland Resort
Lewiston, Michigan
October 7 - 10, 2008

Carnegie Center for the Arts
Three Rivers Michigan
November 9 - December 20, 2008

212 Arts Center
Saline, Michigan
July 1 - 31, 2009

Siouxland Samplers Quilt Guild
Siouxland City Convention Center
Sioux City, IA
September 19 - 20, 2009

If you are interested in booking the exhibit for anytime in the first half
of 2009 , contact Lynn at FiberArtysta@earthlink.net

1 comment:

Marilyn Rock said...

Fantastic Laura! Congrats to all for a very successful and creative endeavor for wonderful causes.

I hope you're feeling better!