About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 05, 2008

My newest quilt "A Friend to the World"





I call it A Friend to the World. It is the first of a series of Native American Symbols. I did this for the Fast Friday challenge. You can see all the quilts here. http://fastfridayquilts.blogspot.com/
We had to use complimentary colors on the color wheel.. I chose Blue/purple and yellow/orange. I started this last friday when the challenge was announced.. I made it a little bit too elaborate and next time I think I will simplify it a bit. But, all in all..it was fun to do.. Love FABRIC!!! I appreciate Cynthia for inviting me to the Fast Friday group.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

LOVE IT!

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful quilt Laura! Awesome! Love the rainbow shot and also Luke looks so cool! Great pics - thanks for sharing. Love, Marilyn

cq4fun said...

Very nicely done - love the eyes! Must be Eastern indian art, 'cause it looks nothing like our southwestern tribal art.