About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Friday, November 21, 2008

Class with Gloria Loughman





At the show they had a special exhibit ... quilts from Oz. My sister and I took a class from Gloria who had quilts in the show.. along with some of her students works. I just loved these quilts. The class was really incredible. She usually teaches this class in a few days. We had it for one day. She did a great job of giving us all the information in the time she had. I really love the technique of the pieced backround and then the applique over that. If you want to see more on the class we took my sister wrote all about it on her blog. http://cheryls-chatelaine.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Patti G. said...

Laura, all that you've shared is really neat! Love the quilt pieces from class that show her style! Glad you and Cheryl had fun!!!! Hurray for you girls!
Hugs,Patti

hetty said...

Wow! I'm so glad that I found your blog! I am taking a class with Gloria Loughman next Wednesday. She is coming to speak to our Guild on Tuesday and staying to run the class on Wednesday. I love her work! I will definitely go to your sister's blog to see more.

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; so happy you enjoyed the classes with your sister. Love these quilt pieces; just incredible!

Amy said...

wow these are awesome... I love the one that looks like laying down looking up at trees... O my I am going to have to try one. thanks