About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Portals


This is my portals quilt. I haven't had the time to quilt it yet. It is actually suppose to be done on Monday. Mine will obviously be late. My husband took the photo that I used to create this quilt. He was dismantling this barn and was on his scaffolding when he took the photo out of the second story window. Holy Hill was a bit more to the left but, I wanted to include it on my quilt. I took a drive out to Holy Hill to capture a photo of it to print on fabric to add to my hill. This quilt has been driving me crazy. But, finally it is to the point that I like it.. I hope to get some quilting done this weekend.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That is spectacular!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Oh-fantastic!!! I can't wait to see how you quilt it-this is just unbelievable, Laura!!
hugs, chris

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Oh-fantastic!!! I can't wait to see how you quilt it-this is just unbelievable, Laura!!
hugs, chris

Dayna said...

verrrry nice! I haven't tried art quilting. Maybe someday when I have time. We have snow in our area of WI tonight!

LoieJ said...

This is wonderful. I was in the Kettle Morrain area last Oct. but I didn't see Holy Hill. I remember seeing it as a child. I like the way the rafters provide a natural frame for the view.

Diana said...

A really lovely and interesting quilt. Will it be in a show soon?

Marilyn Rock said...

This is incredible Laura! It will be awesome quilted.