About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Monday, April 13, 2009

Gloria's Magic







I wanted to share with you my latest and I must say greatest quilt. I did all the piecing ( the inside piece that looks pieces is not.. it is a whole clothe piece of batik) but, the quilting magic was done by Gloria Anderson. She is just incredible and I give her all the credit for making this quilt sooooo beautiful..Each one of the circle's has different quilting in it.. I took a few close ups.. and one from the back. So I decided to name the quilt " Gloria's Magic"
My sister has also done a quilt like this with different quilting and Gloria did a beatiful job on hers also... Cheryl's is a king size and mine is a twin or a bit bigger... You can see her quilt on her blog. http://cheryls-chatelaine.blogspot.com/ She has more detailed info there too regarding the quilts.
I wanted to post this before I took off to the Rosemont show. I am soooo excited to go I am practically jumping out of my skin...
So the sister show will be leaving for Rosemont early thurs morning.. we are both taking a fabric painting class with Judy Coates Perez.... I'm thrilled.. On Sat. I will be taking a class from Katie Pasquini Masopaust. She is incredible.. I took a class from her last winter in Racine... Loved it..
I am gearing up for Breaking traditions exhibit (fundraiser) and the Art Now for Autism fund raiser. You can read about these on the right side of my blog... Also Collage Mania is coming up... many many collages to choose from and all the proceeds going to American Cancer Society... And the monthly quilt auction for Alzheimers....you gotta give it up for the gals who run all of these... they donate hours and hours of their time for these causes... I truly appreciate each and everyone of them... Thanks.....

7 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is absolutely the most gorgeous, the most fabulous, and the most breathtaking quilt I have seen. It is so beautiful Laura!!! Take a bow, girlfriend!! Bravo!!
hugs chris

Patti G. said...

LAURA, THIS CAME OUT AAAAAAAAABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!
I LOVE LOVE IT AND YOU DID A SUPER FANTASTIC JOB AS DID GLORIA! WE WILL TALK MORE ABOUT YOUR QUILT LATER AFTER THE SHOW THIS WEEKEND IN CHICAGO. I MISSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU AND WISH I WAS THERE!
<3
Hugs,Patti

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura! Or is it Leslie Riley????? NO; it's LAURA who, by far, has surpassed LR!!!!! YEAH baby!!! This is STUNNING! I just ADORE it! You are magical with fabric and it definitely is your niche!!!!! Gorgeous and even more gorgeous. Gloria did a great job of quilting your beautiful work of art! A masterpiece my friend.

Have fun at the Quilt show! I'll be thinking of you! Love ya - Marilyn

Jen said...

Gosh, that turned out fantastic!! Great Job Laura! I need to see it in person. :)

Pattio said...

Wowzers Laura!
I love the natural colours and textures. This is soooo beautiful. You should be proud.

Hugs Pattio

Heather said...

I love your newest quilt Laura and the title is perfect with all the warm fiery tones you used in it. Great Work! Hugs, H

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Laura, this is a great achievement for you. Congratulations.

Tell us all how Rosemont was? I am so jealous because I can only go one day due to my shop. I keep saying one day I will take some classes and
Katie Pasquini Masopust is one of my favorites. I would love to hear about it.