About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Monday, May 25, 2009

Cynthia Corbin class


I had a great time at this class last Thurs.. we did 3 different "sketches" she calls them. It was a very interesting technique that I could see taking a liking to very quickly... She is a no frills teacher.. anything goes.. and easy... keep it simple... Her quilts were beautiful... I posted a photo of my favorite one below on my other post but, I will post it again here... I can't wait to start quilting it.. after I get my portals quilt done. I started quilting that and decided to unsew everything I quilted.. I know now what it is that I need to do differently...

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the geometry of this piece. The eye takes you in all directions!

Robin said...

Great piece, Laura.
This is not my area of expertise but what about flames in the yellow/orange/red areas to start with?
Robin

tante sue said...

LAURA....I am the proud owner of your collage, and now I know what you look like! Yay!
Strangely, I am about to take a QSDS course with Cynthia this month. I love what you made!
Could we be related...or what?

if you want to see my stuff (not nearly as updated as your blog) you can see me at suewalen.blogspot.com.

Warm spring wishes,
Sue

Marilyn Rock said...

This is beautiful. Wonderful colors and geometric shapes! WOW! You sure had a lot to post but great stuff. Love your Memorial Day tribute and also those fabric birds!!!!!!!! I'm in love with them! Awesome! The birds' nest is cool! Have a great week ahead my friend! Love ya-Marilyn xxoo

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Excellent work. Great colors that is for sure!

Patti G. said...

Laura, glad you enjoyed the class, this piece is FANTASTIC, I love it!
Great colors and shapes! WOW!

The Memorial Day pictures are beautiful! Tell Jessi I said so! :)

I love the eggs in the nest, your rusted shirt and Mike's being a HERO in a time of need for the fire along with you helping the woman with the children out of gas! Man, those people should feel blessed you and Mike came along!

Of course you know I am flippin' for the birdies, and I cannot believe your ripped out your portal quilt, but if you are happy, then that is all that matters!
Sending hugs my friend....
WHO'S BIRTHDAY is coming!!!!!!!!!
Smooches,Patti

Mary said...

That is a wonderful piece! Enjoyed viewing your blog very much... Mary

Cynthia Ann Morgan said...

Hi Laura, This has a layered feel to me...perhaps you could use the quilting density to emphasize that? push back the background with dense quilting, the mid ground with medium quilting, and the foreground with light quilting. Otherwise, I would probably fill in each section with varying patterns to create lots of textural interest. I usually take a photo, print a couple copies and doodle on them to audition different quilting lines/patterns. Have fun...it's a great piece!
Cynthia

Allison Ann Aller said...

This quilt has so much good stuff happening..really gorgeous.
Cynthia must be a fine teacher, and you a great student!

Gloria said...

Stunning piece. Love the color and movement. You should do more abstract work..you obviously "got it". I would love to take a class with this teacher myself. Actually, you might be the one who should teach a class to two. I don't see many textile artists who can do so many different styles of work so well. My hat is off to you. Please keep sharing.