About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Monday, May 25, 2009

Wow.. I have a lot to post... where do I begin..








I guess I will go backwards and start with my trip up north.. Mike had the canoe leaning up against the lean to on the house for the winter. As we were unpacking the truck I noticed that there was a nest in it.. with 6 eggs.. I saw the bird and I think she was a sparrow.. so that took care of our canoeing that we had planned for the weekend.. No biggy.. I took my sewing machine and worked on projects. I made a few birds. And finished my quilt top from the Cynthia Corbin class I took on Thursday. I also made a few birds with the pattern and instructions from http://nelliedurand.blogspot.com/ I just love these little birds.. The Trilliums were in full bloom and I just love them. We had a great time. On the way home MIke put out a car fire for a women who's ash from her cigarette ended up in her back seat. The back seat was fully engulfed when we got there. Luckily he carries his fire extinguisher with him and had it out in no time.. he also had the back seat out and some of the stuff in the trunk.. The jumper cables were melted.. After all that the fire dept. arrived... Mike is really good at helping out people like that.. We brought gas to a gal who ran out yesterday.. she had 2 small kids in the car and was in kind of a panic. And she had no money... So we did our good deeds for the weekend... I guess..
It is nice to be home.. but, I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow.. at least it is only 2 days this week.. Oh....and my best find this weekend was a rusted long underwear shirt of Mikes that was in a barrel with some other rusted stuff that I also brought home... I am hoping to use it in a quilt for Rust Tex.... Anyway.. I hope you all had a great weekend.. and a Happy and Blessed Memorial Day.

4 comments:

norma said...

Your fabric birds are so cute. I have been blogging about two birds' nests and I got some good pictures. I like your new quilt, wonderful colors!

Claudine said...

What cute fabric birds! And the nest is amazing... like a little art bird made it because it is so picture perfect. Your new quilt is very interesting. I love the colors.

Joanna, it seems said...

The birds are great!
I also want to comment on your dog of the week -- little white Rosie. She looks like the sister of our rescue dog Cody, who is the best dog ever. You can see a pic of Cody, with his quilt, on my blog zigzagthread.blogspot.com (And i have to stop my hubby from driving to WI to adopt Rosie too :-)

Gloria said...

I really like your work but I think I like the kind of people you and your husband are even more. So nice to hear about your work and your personal experiences with other human beings. Lifts my heart. Thank you.