About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Great Mail Day


I am sooooooo excited.. My quilt made it into Quilt Expo in Madison Sept. 10-12..... it is my first quilt in a big show ( not including my journal quilt in Chicago and Houston and that was cool but, not a cool as this)!!!! I'm sooooo excited... Here is a photo of it..These are not pieced New York beauties... it is a whole cloth middle ( one large piece of batik fabric ) with the piano key border.. and my dear friend Gloria Anderson did the quilting .. which I'm sure made it make it in the show...

14 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so, so, so happy for you!!!!

norma said...

Congratulations! Are those all pieced New York Beauties in the center? It's a super quilt.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Congrats! It's awesome! What an honor!

Rayna said...

Whole cloth? Do you mean to say you PRINTED those circles??
Wow!

Congratulations on the show!

Regina said...

It's just beautiful!

Dale Anne Potter said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Its LOVELY!

Beth said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you and well deserved! I'm hoping to make it up to the Quilt Expo this year - see you there!

jillquilts said...

Awesome!! Congrats!

Cindy said...

Your quilt turned out wonderful and I can't wait to see it at the Madison show in the fall.

Moneik said...

Congrats! It looks awesome.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Congratulations Laura! I made it too.
Maybe we will run into each other there? This quilt is fabulous!
Barb

Marilyn Rock said...

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Laura! This is "k a" awesome! I'm so proud of you and this quilt is gorgeous; very well deserving! You go girlfriend! xxoo

Jennifer said...

Congratulations - that is an awesome quilt!

Patti G. said...

Laura, I want to tell you how proud I am of you! This is soooooooo well deserved and I could not think of a nicer/talented person for it to happen too!
My phone is having troubles, I think you may have called me the day before yesterday?? Sorry I missed you!!!!!!!!!!
I have been very busy but promise to call you this morning on the way to work!

Smooches and congrats my friend,
Patti