About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Mad Hatter's Tea Party


This is my quilt for the Tea challenge. The quilt will be displayed with the other members of Milwaukee Art Quilters at the Anaba Tea Room in Shorewood. Sept.3rd to Nov. 1st. This is soooo exciting...This quilt is 20" x 23".

6 comments:

Terrie Sandelin said...

What a great quilt -- I love how it captures the feel of the mad tea party as well!

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful piece!! Love the colors that you used and how the binding pulls it all together!! the steam coming off of the cup is really well done!!
Great Job Laura!!

Love your new blog Header as well!!
hugs!
Elizabeth

Antonija said...

Hi Laura!
I really love this! It's so whimsical and fun. The border, especially, sets the whole thing off and conveys the spirit of the mad tea party. Very well done!
Is this in addition to the other one?
I can't wait to see them at the gallery!

Marilyn Rock said...

Awesome Laura. I love all the details of this - just breathtaking! I'm SO proud of you! xxoo

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Congratulations....Love this one and it will be perfect at the Anaba Tea room.

laura west kong said...

Congratulations! It's a really fun piece.