About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rusting fabric





Thought I would get a bit of fabric rusted.. I used obviously rusted stuff and where the black is I used leaf tea... alittle vinegar and water and sun and a few days it was done..

8 comments:

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doreen G said...

Great rusted stuff Laura and I love the tannin effect-so different.
What a coincidence --the verification word for me this time is "ruste"

Beth said...

Love, love, LOVE these! I have always admired Lois Jarvis' fabric, and she's an excellent teacher, so I know you will love her class at Quilt Expo.

norma said...

Interesting results. Do you mean that if you add tea leaves to the rusted items, it turns it gray? I'll have to try that.

Carole said...

More please on the tea leaves... do you use vinegar and treat the tanin in the tea as the rust in iron?
Interesting, because I like that gray look...
Your pieces are great.

siick.x said...

I too love the look of the loose tea and would like to know more. Did you place it in a bag?

LaughingLG said...

I like the results you are getting. In the bottom photo, was the fabric on the left already colored or did you add all the color with rust and tannin?

Charmingdesigns said...

I really want to give this a try. I have gathered my rusty things...now it has started to rain. If we get one more bit of sunshine I'll do it. Can I use muslin or should it be something else?