About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

Awake in the night..



Last night as I was trying to fall asleep this picture of a whimsical kitty came to mind.. I was thinking about Laura Wasilowski and her beautiful quilts when I thought... geeeezzz... I don't think she ever did a cat.. so I jumped out of bed and grabbed a pencil and some paper and drew my kitty on the paper... After a few drawings I got tired and went to bed. Knowing this morning exactly what I wanted to do I went downstairs and started to construct this kitty... I really love it... This is just the top.. Isn't she adorable? I think I will donate this quilt to Alzheimers Art Quilt Initiative... for the stay at home challenge...OK.. this is now 30 minutes since I posted this...Quilting Arts just posted a challenge called Quilting Arts Animal Challenge.... Well, you know my obsession with Cats.. I have always loved them.. This may just be a quilt for that challenge.. then if it comes home I will send it off to Ami... I guess I will have to see.. Maybe I will make another one... that is more fitting to me...Since this photo I have added more to this piece.. It needed more flowers etc... Keep in touch I hope to have it finished in the very near future..

9 comments:

Diane said...

Yes, she is adorable! You know, I hate dragging my butt out of bed, but now and then the best ideas happen in that half awake part of your life! WTG!

West Michigan Quilter said...

She is just adorable! I love her and her pink color! Sometimes it pays not to be able to sleep!

Marilyn Rock said...

Well; you are surely evolving my friend! Now you are drawing sketches for your quilts! I see lots of things for you Laura! This is amazing; love the colors and whimsy of it. Great cat character! WOW! Happy Halloween! Love ya - Marilyn

Patti G. said...

WHEN inspriation strikes, you go with it girlfriend! I LOVE THIS KITTY! She is pppppppprecious! And she is flying out of your muse,in the middle of the night! Magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will check back on her progress! LOVE IT!
And I saw your sunrise pictures on the news the other night Laura from Menomonee Falls! GREAT shots with lovely colors of pinks and ornages. Beautiful!

Smooches, Patti

Beth said...

What a cute kitty!! I'm so glad you went with your instinct and did your drawing! Wow!

Michele said...

What a happy kitty! Looking forward to the finished piece.

Leah/ Texas/ United States said...

great colors, dont know why but i especially love the grass! the shapes and colors. it looks awesome - you sound really motivated to have gotten up to sketch it and then actually execute it the next morning. very inspiring!!

quiltcrazygal said...

I just found your blog and WOW it is really fun:) Can't wait to see what is next. Jenna Louise

Mary said...

WoW Laura - this came out amazing! To be able to think of this in the middle of the night and then get up the next day to create it is quite a talent!
Mary Z