About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Friday, December 11, 2009

My second place win...DRAZIL


Back in Sept. I did a challenge with a pack of fabrics for a store near my home.  The fabrics were bright and cheery and I just loved the colors.  I knew that the brown fabric needed to be a reptile.  So I decided to make it a gecko.  I named him Drazil.. which is lizard spelled backwards.. Gecko would not work... Okceg... not so good... Ha!!  He is 25" x 20".

12 comments:

Elizabeth said...

WOOO HOOO FOR YOU!!! Every time you enter you are getting the recognition that you deserve!!! Love your winter blog banner- I just did a snowman one as well!! Great minds...... and all that!!
Hugs!
E

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Awesome-this is wonderful!!! Thrilled for your win! Your work is always wonderful and so great to see all the confirmations of that this past year!!!!
hugs, chris

Kay said...

Congratulations! I love the way the crazy background sets off the lizard.

Marilyn Rock said...

Congrats on the win Laura! You're terrific! Love your holiday ornaments! Love ya - Marilyn xxoo

Beth said...

Way to go, Laura! He's wonderful!

norma said...

Congratulations and thanks you for letting us know about it on Quiltart! Your Drazil is terrific.

Linda Robertus said...

He is beautiful and I love his name! Congratulations!

JYA Fiberarts said...

He's a Razzle Dazzle Drazel on a jazzy background! Love him. Congratulations on your ribbon!

Carole said...

He is great Laura!! and thank you for the QA post....
Keep up your good work.

Janice Paine-Dawes said...

Love your varied quilting, especially the background around the lizard. Great fun and congratulations!

Vivien said...

So glad you posted on QA so we could all get a chance to see Drazil. Congratulations!

Roberta Ranney said...

Hi Laura - Congratulations on being recognized with a ribbon. I think Drazil is a charmer!