About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 23, 2010

More snow dyes..




I like how these turned out.  I am going to try and use some other colors next time and maybe only use 2 or 1 on a piece.  The photo does not do justice to the colors.. they are very vibrant!!  I love the one with the words on it..

13 comments:

Antonija said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Antonija said...

Laura--these are wonderful! The overdyeig looks really cool--love that whimsical fabric with the flowers. Looks like you've been having a lot of fun! :)

SAQA- Atlantic Canada said...

Great stuff, Laura. I'm going to give it a shot next week. Too bad my collection of dyes here in Michigan are pretty limited. Most of them are in Nova Scotia. Of course, I can do snow dyeing there in February when I go home....that is, IF we have snow.

teri

Patti G. said...

Awesome Laura......love these fabrics and the snow dye is making them POP fun!!!!!!!
Great!
Hugs,Patti

Karen Newman Fridy said...

You are just having too much FUN!! Makes me wish I lived where I'd get snow more than once every few years! :) Love what you've been doing...thanks for sharing your results

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Wonderful resutls. I like both the one with words on it too.
You are so right it is crazy fun!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Loving these!!!!!

Beth said...

These are great Laura - love your fabric choices! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

Jen said...

OMG, I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with the sweetwater print!!

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura! Incredible! Love what you did here! xxoo

katherinesands said...

LOVE your fabrics, Laura...really wonderful...love that last one.

dosfishes said...

Hi, I found you through Marilyn Rock and all I can say is WOW. Your quilts are fantastic, your dying and batik are so wonderful.

Your support of the troops, your everything.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Jamie Fingal said...

Love the snow dyeing with the text fabric and this really sweet one down at the bottom. Love the color and saturation that it creates.