About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Friday, April 09, 2010

What I'm working on

This is a quilt that I am working on.  Using a technique I learned from Wendy Butler Berns.  It is now fused to decor bond and ready for the monofilament zigzag stitching to hold the pieces together.  I decided to add Jessi's kitty Mr. Snuggles into the quilt.  It is 52"x63"  This isn't the best photo but, you get the idea...I should mention that she will have a flower on a stem in her hand and some of the petals will be missing and on the ground.  You can see more of this quilt a few posts back..

12 comments:

Marti said...

This is just so sweet...and no,Laura, there is NO easy part! (just holdin' your breath moments and on to the next part) LOL

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Great quilt. What is decor bond?

Fibra Artysta said...

I love this! Its so sweet. It looks absolutely wonderful. :)

Elizabeth said...

This is looking amazing Lo!!! I think that the addition of Mr Snuggles gives a wonderful focus for Jessi . She is contemplating the world and talking to him about her thoughts and dreams. LOve all of the colors and texture in the tree. Have fun sewing with the monofilamnet- I HATE the stuff- but then I guess that I need more practice!!! Love your new blog banner as well.!
Big Hugs!

norma said...

What a great quilt! I love the pose of your daughter and the addition of her cat was a good one. Have fun with the quilting.

Mary said...

Laura - this quilt is amazing - I can't get over the detail you are able to create with fabric! Just love it!
Mary Z

Patti G. said...

LAURA, I am loving this quilt, and I love the colors of the fabric, all the different pieces, how it leads the eye right to Jessi!!!!
Love it and adding the kitty too! FANTASTIC girlfriend! Be sure to show us as you go further , with the stitches and details! WOWzA!
For sure this is just ggggggreat!
Hugs,Patti

Sophie said...

Hey Laura, I'm Sophie with the American Quilter's Society, could you email me at smcdonald.marc@gmail.com so I can send you your blog-of-the-week winner button? Thank you!

Judy Alexander said...

Beautiful quilt. This will be a great keepsake for your daughter.

Argery Araya C. said...

Estimada amiga que orgullo es encontrarse con trabajos como el suyo, la felicito le a quedado muy pero muy bonito, un abrazo a la distancia.

graperoof907 said...

i love your workk, thanks for sharing

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; you are a painter with fabric! This is stunning! xxoo