About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 23, 2010

My Teaching Debut

Wow.. what a great time I had teaching yesterday.  We were in this over one hundred year old barn.  Which is where Wisconsin Quilt Museum is going to be hopefully built in the very near future.  I taught fusible applique.  The gals were great.. it was a great setting... I loved everything about it after I got over being nervous... Thanks to all who made Quilt University Days in Cedarburg such a success...

7 comments:

Judith said...

Standing up to talk to a group of people is always terrifying first time. It does get easier. I am glad you enjoyed it and I am sure everyone else did too.

Marilyn Rock said...

Laura; I am SO proud of you! You are so professional, and, I was so happy to find out you are teaching! Looks like you had a wonderful group; attentive and enthusiastic! You are soaring my friend. I love what you're doing with Jessi's quilt! Amazing and you are magical with fabric! Congratulations to you my friend! I just know you'll have a DVD coming out soon! xxoo Your eternal friend - Marilyn

Patti G. said...

Laura, I echo Marilyn and am so happy for you! YOU look FAB up there!!!!!!!!! What a fun time and those lucky students!

I am fortunate to have you as a PRIVATE TUTOR........so I KNOW how lucky they are! <3
Hugs,Patti

Anne Lullie said...

Nice Blog Laura! Hope you had a great day teaching!You were an excellent student (Well; great group all of you!)

Arnold said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://dataentryjob-s.com

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

How wonderful for you!!! Wish I had been there to learn on cheer for the teacher!!!

Chris said...

Laura, Your class was wonderful! You have so much to share and I was glad I was there to be part of it. You're a dear friend and talented quilter and I'm glad happy to say I know you :-)!
Chris