About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Monday, June 21, 2010

Award of Excellence!!

Sooo Sunday  Mike and I took a drive to the
WOW gallery in Wittenberg, Wi. I entered a quilt into a art show and
they were all being displayed. What great artwork.. painting,
photography... and my quilt... with a award of excellence on it... which
means I won a monetary award..!!!! I am soooo doing the happy dance...
So I just had to share...it was my Triple Trillium quilt.
And how about that.. the check came in the mail today... do I frame it or cash it? 

16 comments:

Patti G. said...

CASH it sister!!!!!! It is your first, but won't be your last! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!
You rock girlfriend!
Hugs,Patti

LindaSchiffer said...

Major congratulations! What a kudo for you and for fiber art! :)


Cash it -- if you don't know what to buy, start a fund you can put your prize $$ into -- maybe a quilting cruise or something? :)

Linda

Jackie said...

Fantastic, and cash it, and buy something fancy quilt related!

Elizabeth said...

Take a photocopy and frame that !!! Then buy something very memorable for yourself!!!! Huge Congrats and hugs to you !!!!!

Jen said...

Congrats Laura!! Well Deserved!!

Karen S said...

Congratulations1 That's a gorgeous quilt!

Diana Napier said...

Very beautiful quilt and cash it and buy more fabric!!

imquilternity said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous quilt! I would photocopy the check, then cash it!! :))

Karen said...

Congrats! It is a beautiful quilt!

Lisa Cook said...

Congrats Laura! How exciting. And that is one bold colorful piece of work. Who could resist it? You are getting SO good!

See you soon!

Chris said...

copy it and CASH IT! Congratulations Laura. Your quilt is beautiful!

Marilyn Rock said...

Show me the money! Cash it! That's what I would do! Laura; I couldn't be prouder of you! This award is so well deserving - your quilt is amazing as you are my friend! Congratulations - you are soaring. Oh; I think that DVD will be out very soon! xxoo Love ya - Marilyn

Liz said...

Silly girl! That's what copiers are for . . . you can have your cake - er, cash - and save it, too! Congrats. It's a beautiful piece.

Martha said...

Laura, what a fantastic quilt! And congratulations on the award.
Martha Ginn

katherinesands said...

Awesome quilt, Laura...and awesome that you got a monetary award in an art show!!!! Yea for textile art!

ann said...

Take a digital photo and make it into a quilt. Then spend the check on something you do not think you can afford on your regular budget.