About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

He Loves Me He Loves Me Not

This is one of the best days of my life.. I have finished my all time favorite quilt ( so far). This has been a labor of love for about 7 months.  I will be handing it off to Wendy next week and the next time I will see it will be in Houston in Nov.  I'm so excited to be a part of her exhibit and to get the chance
( God Willing) to go to Houston this year.  My daughter and her cat have never looked better...
The binding looks funny because I tried to get the background out in photoshop and it kind of made the binding look funny.  This quilt is 51x63". 

7 comments:

Karen S said...

Wow! It's beautiful! I hope I get to see it in person sometime.

Jackie said...

that is just fantastic... and if u get to Houston, take lots of pics and put them on your blog pls? That is a dream of mine.... and to have a quilt hang there of course. I tried this year, but got the skinny envelope, but glad that I tried.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

This is fabulous! Congratulations on being able to share it at the show!

Patti G. said...

Absolutely a labor of LOVE my friend! GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!! No wonder it is your fave!
Hugs,Patti

bettyp said...

You did an awesome job on this quilt!! I live in Louisiana and never got a chance to go to the Houston quilt show ! I wish you lots of luck with this one !!!

Nina-Marie said...

I don't know which is better - the lovely quilt or you sharing your excitement at finishing it! What a family heirloom!! Good Job!

Chris said...

Laura, This quilt is so gorgeous! I hope to see it in person soon!