About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't ever have surgery...

2 weeks ago I went under the knife... wish I wouldn't have.. not because the surgery was bad or anything like that.. it was because I was what my sister, Cheryl and I refer to as "BAD KITTY"... now what gal doesn't love a deal...especially when shopping on ebay...
I had a lot of fun shopping.. I bought 5 books, 5 mind you...for 10 bucks... yep I said 10 bucks.. and my good and dear friend Chris Kirsch has quilts in 2 of them.. The Monkey Wrench..which I already have and will give to someone.. or maybe have a blog giveaway.... and Bear Paws... she loves doing those challenges and has done quit well in them... I bought a pattern of a Christmas tree made of log cabin blocks for 2 bucks.  I also bought already cut up logs for a log cabin quilt.. with jewel tones and black.. it is high quality fabric and I just went on Ebay and ordered another one.. I needed to make a bigger quilt.. Ha!!  Oh and that was $12.95.  I ordered some fabric yo yo's.. don't ask me why.. I thought I might use them sometime in an artquilt.. or maybe my sister will inherit them.. OH and like my husband always says," A Girls Gotta Have A Hobby!!".... and I do...
Soooooo I am not planning on having anymore surgery anytime soon... and I promised myself to stay off of ebay for a long long time.. ( Yeah Right!!)... See ya...

3 comments:

Patti G. said...

Laura , you are a bargain hunter and a quilter!!!!!!!! Hurray for your good deal! I hope you are feeling much better and have your energy back!
xoxoxoxo
Hugs,Patti
Thanks for sharing all the goodies with me too! <3

Chris said...

Laura, You got some great deals, but what will you do with a book on log cabin??? I'm quite sure you've mentioned that piecing isn't your thing. Can't wait to see! Chris
PS thanks for the mention :-)!

Marilyn Rock said...

Glad you're ok from your surgery girl! And; you deserve a reward after that! Great buys! Love the handmade pack, too, for your birthday!

Great new blog look! xxoo Marilyn