About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snow Dyeing.





There was some chatter on the quiltart list about snow dyeing ... thought I would share a few photos of how I took advantage of the first snowfall about a month or so ago.. I love how the linens turned out.  Can't wait to use just plain white muslin and make a few batches of different colors..

6 comments:

ann said...

I may have to try snow dying after seen your gorgeous results. About your opening quote: the reason you feel like 30 is both because you look like 30 and are so very full of life. Enjoy the Journey,
ann

Holly Knott said...

Love the idea of trying it on printed fabric. The second photo from the top is lovely!!

Michele Bilyeu said...

For someone who grew up in Alaska and still spends so many months a year there, I cannot believe I have never tried this! I am now fully inspired and the next day of snow here in Oregon, I will be outside in my polka dot pajamas trying this!

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful fabrics laura!! i love the whole unknown factor of this method!!!

Bea said...

Happy New Year, new friend! :)Bea

Marilyn Rock said...

Happy New Year to you and yours Laura! Love your snow dyeing fabrics! xxoo