About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Friday, April 22, 2011

My Donation quilt for the SAQA auction

Last year I joined Studio Art Quilters Association.  SAQA is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the art quilt through education, exhibitions, professional development and documentation.
Donations of one foot square quilts are auctioned off to support SAQA and all that they do.  You can find out more information about the auction here  http://tiny.cc/sb8v7

 I am naming my quilt "First Dive" because this is my first time donating a quilt for the auction and this is the first dive into the water for this little turtle.. I used cotton fabrics with metallic, polyester and king tut cotton thread for the quilting.  And  a bit of fibers for some texture.  The whole quilt is under a piece of greenish color tulle.  I used that to hold all the little pieces of the turtle down even though I did quite a bit of quilting on him..

6 comments:

Eileen said...

Nice work...love the quilting

Chris Daly said...

What a great idea. The tulle adds an extra dimension to the quilt.

sewdaughter said...

Very pretty! I love your quilting! It adds so much movement. I really like the curved quilting at the top that looks like a wave. Great name too!

Marilyn Rock said...

Absolutely awesome! xxoo

wordpoet55 said...

Laura, you're ahead of me this year with the SAQA Donation Quilt! I'm only halfway in the process of creating mine. Love the turtle and the title's meaning...joni

Debbie K. said...

Gorgeous, Laura! You do fabulous quilts!!!