About Me

My photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another Gallery Show...and My Blue Heeler "Rosie"



I have had a very busy summer.  Not much time for posting about quilting or quilting.  But, now I can tell you about my quilt that was in Knoxville in the ultimate guild challenge.  It is called My Blue Heeler "Rosie" .... I'm telling you about it because it along with the other Blues challenge quilts from Milwaukee Art Quilters is going to be in a gallery show in Plymouth, WI. which begins this friday, August 12.  Here is what the gallery press release read:

Gallery 110 North is pleased to announce the opening of a new exhibit on the same night, and in the same spirit, as the Cheese Capital Jazz Crawl for the Arts.  Milwaukee Art Quilters ‘Sing the Blues’ opens to the public on Friday, August 12, with a reception from 5-8 pm.  The art quilts will be on display through Friday, September 30th.    
The public is invited to meet the artists during the opening reception on Friday, August 12th from 5 to 8 PM. Stay the evening and enjoy the Cheese Capital Jazz Crawl for the Arts throughout historic downtown Plymouth.       

Gallery hours are Tuesday-Saturday, Noon-4 PM and Sunday, 1-4 PM.  Admission is always free.  For more information contact The Plymouth Arts Center, 920-892-8409 or visit us at www.plymoutharts.org.
     

7 comments:

Quilt Inspiration said...

Oh my goodness, what a FABULOUS quilt. You perfectly captured the shading in his face. Great color choices, and the background is charming. We really enjoy seeing this quilt - congratulations and best wishes on the gallery show !!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Great quilt, and the shades of blue really fit the 'blue heeler'.

Marilyn Rock said...

This is SO cool - love it! Good luck with the show! xxoo

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Hey you are in my home town. I have had a wedding and so much more this summer I am finally trying to catch up with some of the blogs I watch.

You have really been busy and congrats on teaching in Cedarburg.

I have to get over to the Art Gallery next week with my sister when she gets back from vacation. She made me wait!

Elizabeth said...

Whooo Hoo great news for you!!! I love your Rosie Girl quilt!!!!!
BRAVO!!!

Lori said...

I love this!! I have 2 ACD/Border Collie mixes, one of which is mostly ACD, and your quilt captures them so well. It is also artistically very interesting to me and really well done. Wish I could see it in person!

Michele said...

Do you get the SAQA e-mail? Rosie was the poster girl for the announcement of this show! Congrats - and she's beautiful. (My brother has a red heeler - they're great dogs)