About Me

My Photo
I was 53 in June. I feel like I'm 30. I live in Cold Cold Wisconsin. But, I love it here.. I found fabric and quilting about 8 years ago.. I fell in love with it.. I also enjoy paper art.. I'm not sure how I kept my sanity before I started doing art. I found rubber stamps about 10 years ago and have gone on to anything and everything.. I have been blessed with creative talents and love to express myself in art. I have 2 children .. one girl who is 15 and a boy who is 17. My husband and I love to hunt,canoe and just enjoy the outdoors together.. We all love the outdoors and go up to northern Wisconsin as often as possible. I'm a 14 year breast cancer survivor.. you can view more of my art at http://laurakrasinskiquilts.blogspot.com www.picturetrail.com/barngirl or my teaching, lecture and vending schedule here http://laurakrasinskisartontherun.blogspot.com

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

My thoughts and Quilt Expo

I have been gearing up for this day for many months.  I remember getting the letter in the mail saying I was accepted to do a lecture All Three Days!!!  I was so excited.. So today is here.  I'm almost all packed.  Heading out later today and will meet up with my roommate and fellow teacher and best friend,  Chris Kirsch.  If you get a chance to take a class or lecture with her run, don't walk.. She has taught me so much over the years.  One of the biggest influences in my life, in more ways than one.
Anyway.. tomorrow the show will open.  My lectures are at 4pm everyday.  I will be bringing some of the Bigfork Bay patterns with me that will be for sale after my lecture.  Stitchers Crossing from Madison will also be selling patterns in their booth.  Sharon has been working with me on this and I am so thankful to have her helping me.  Their booth is right inside the main door.  I will also be doing demo's at her booth.
I will also have 2 quilts in the show.  He Loves Me He Loves Me Not and My Blue Heeler, Rosie.. I'm very very excited about that.  
2 vendors I must see... Wendy Richardson's booth is always the first one I "run" to.  She has beautiful overdyed fabrics and hand dyed shirts and just beautiful fabrics.  I use them in so many of my art quilts. The second one I want to get to is Marcia Derse.. She has just come out with a new line.. I love love love those fabrics.  I bought some last year for a Christmas gift and ended up keeping it for myself.. Isn't that terrible.. This year I will purchase enough to hopefully make a really cool quilt. 
If you see me there stop and say hi.. Would love to meet more of my online friends..

1 comment:

Lise Steenerson said...

Congratulations! You certainly deserve the pleasure of teaching and sharing your talents.
Good luck!
-Lise